mmmm I just love the smell of fresh baked cookies straight from the oven and eating them when the chocolate is still warm and gooey is even better.This is the first time I had tried this recipe and it was so simple but ooohh so good.With some cookie recipes they either turn out as hard as rock or I would take a peek in the oven to discover that my lovely little cookies had turned themselves in to not so lovely pancakes. These had the perfect amount of crunch on the outside and a slightly soft center.Im sure I will be make a batch of these every week and because the recipe makes over thirty it gives me an excuse to eat more than one with my cup of tea.
A hot cup of coffee,warm gooey cookies and the latest edition of "shop for Kids" equals one very satisfied mummy.
125 grams (4.5 ounces) of room temperature butter
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/3 cup Castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 and a half cups of self raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160*c ( 320 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Mix in the vanilla essence and egg
- Stir in the flour and cocoa
- Add the chocolate chips
- roll teaspoons of mixture and place on a greased tray,flaten slightly with a fork and bake for 10 to 15 minutes